||LZMA compression and decompression tools
|| PUBDOM , GPLv2+ (multi)
||Buildsheet | History
||Port Directory | History
||11 MAY 2020, 15:45:01 UTC
||29 MAR 2017, 15:37:40 UTC
||XZ Utils is free general-purpose data compression software with a
high compression ratio. XZ Utils is the successor to LZMA Utils.
The core of the XZ Utils compression code is based on the LZMA SDK.
The primary compression algorithm is currently LZMA2, which is used
inside the .xz container format. With typical files, XZ Utils
creates output 30% smaller than gzip and 15% smaller than bzip2.
The XZ Utils package consists of several components:
* liblzma is a compression library with an API similar to that of zlib.
* xz is a command line tool with syntax similar to that of gzip.
* xzdec is a decompression-only tool smaller than the full-featured xz one.
* A set of shell scripts (xzgrep, xzdiff, etc.) have been adapted
from gzip to ease viewing, grepping, and comparing compressed files.
* Emulation of the command line tools of LZMA Utils eases transition
from LZMA Utils to XZ Utils.
Configuration Switches (platform-specific settings discarded)
Package Dependencies by Type
|This package has no dependency requirements of any kind.|
Distribution File Information
f6f4910fd033078738bd82bfba4f49219d03b17eb0794eb91efbae419f4aba10 1791345 xz-5.2.5.tar.gz
Ports that require xz:standard