||Monit is a utility for managing and monitoring processes,
files, directories, devices and network services on a Unix system.
Monit conducts automatic maintenance and repair and can execute
meaningful causal actions in error situations.
* Daemon mode - poll services at a specified interval
* Group and manage groups of services, service dependencies
* Logging - syslog or own logfile
* Alert, start, stop and restart of services based on it's characteristics
* MD5 and SHA1 checksums
* Runtime Unix socket and TCP/IP port checking (TCP and UDP)
* Process status, timeout, memory and cpu usage, etc.
* Device usage monitoring (inodes and space)
* File monitoring (timestamp, checksum, permission, owner, etc.)
* Directory monitoring (timestamp, permission, owner, etc.)
* Remote network services monitoring (ping, response time, protocol, etc.)
* System load average monitoring
* Flexible and customizable email alert messages and notifications
* Protocol verification such as HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, NNTP, NTP
* A HTTP interface with XML output option