The minifier is based on the semantics of `jsmin.c by Douglas Crockford`_\.
The module is a re-implementation aiming for speed, so it can be used at
runtime (rather than during a preprocessing step). Usually it produces the
same results as the original ``jsmin.c``. It differs in the following ways:
- there is no error detection: unterminated string, regex and comment
- Control characters inside string and regex literals are left untouched;
are not converted to spaces (nor to \n)
- Newline characters are not allowed inside string and regex literals,
for line continuations in string literals (ECMA-5).
- "return /regex/" is recognized correctly.
- More characters are allowed before regexes.
- Line terminators after regex literals are handled more sensibly
- "+ +" and "- -" sequences are not collapsed to '++' or '--'
- Newlines before ! operators are removed more sensibly
- (Unnested) template literals are supported (ECMA-6)
- Comments starting with an exclamation mark (``!``) can be kept optionally
- rJSmin does not handle streams, but only complete strings. (However, the
module provides a "streamy" interface).
Since most parts of the logic are handled by the regex engine it's way
than the original python port of ``jsmin.c`` by Baruch Even. The speed
varies between about 6 and 55 depending on input and python version (it
faster the more compressed the input already is). Compared to the
speed-refactored python port by Dave St.Germain the performance gain is
dramatic but still between 3 and 50 (for huge inputs)). See the
docs/BENCHMARKS file for details.
rjsmin.c is a reimplementation of rjsmin.py in C and speeds it up even
Supported python versions are 2.7 and 3.6+.
.. _jsmin.c by Douglas Crockford:
Copyright and License
Copyright 2011 - 2021
André Malo or his licensors, as applicable.
The whole package (except for the files in the bench/ directory) is
distributed under the Apache License Version 2.0. You'll find a copy in the
root directory of the distribution or online at:
No bugs, of course. ;-)
But if you've found one or have an idea how to improve rjsmin, feel free
to send a pull request on [github]
or send a mail to .
André "nd" Malo
If God intended people to be naked, they would be born that way.
-- Oscar Wilde
.. vim:tw=72 syntax=rest
Configuration Switches (platform-specific settings discarded)
PY310 OFF Build using Python 3.10
PY39 ON Build using Python 3.9
Package Dependencies by Type
Distribution File Information
6c529feb6c400984452494c52dd9fdf59185afeacca2afc5174a28ab37751a1b 419866 rjsmin-1.2.0.tar.gz
Ports that require python-rjsmin:py39