PyCryptodome is a self-contained Python package of low-level
It supports Python 2.7, Python 3.5 and newer, and PyPy.
You can install it with::
pip install pycryptodomex
All modules are installed under the Cryptodome package.
Check the pycryptodome_ project for the equivalent library that
works under the Crypto package.
PyCryptodome is a fork of PyCrypto. It brings several enhancements
with respect to the last official version of PyCrypto (2.6.1),
* Authenticated encryption modes (GCM, CCM, EAX, SIV, OCB)
* Accelerated AES on Intel platforms via AES-NI
* First class support for PyPy
* Elliptic curves cryptography (NIST P-256, P-384 and P-521 curves only)
* Better and more compact API (`nonce` and `iv` attributes for ciphers,
automatic generation of random nonces and IVs, simplified CTR cipher
* SHA-3 (including SHAKE XOFs) and BLAKE2 hash algorithms
* Salsa20 and ChaCha20 stream ciphers
* scrypt and HKDF
* Deterministic (EC)DSA
* Password-protected PKCS#8 key containers
* Shamir's Secret Sharing scheme
* Random numbers get sourced directly from the OS (and not from a CSPRNG in
* Simplified install process, including better support for Windows
* Cleaner RSA and DSA key generation (largely based on FIPS 186-4)
* Major clean ups and simplification of the code base
PyCryptodome is not a wrapper to a separate C library like *OpenSSL*.
To the largest possible extent, algorithms are implemented in pure Python.
Only the pieces that are extremely critical to performance (e.g. block
are implemented as C extensions.
For more information, see the `homepage`_.
All the code can be downloaded from `GitHub`_.
.. _pycryptodome: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pycryptodome
.. _`homepage`: http://www.pycryptodome.org
.. _GitHub: https://github.com/Legrandin/pycryptodome
Configuration Switches (platform-specific settings discarded)
PY38 ON Build using Python 3.8
PY39 OFF Build using Python 3.9
Package Dependencies by Type
Distribution File Information
0398366656bb55ebdb1d1d493a7175fc48ade449283086db254ac44c7d318d6d 3793073 pycryptodomex-3.11.0.tar.gz
Ports that require python-pycryptodomex:py38